About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Daniel thoughts...Surprise Package "I did something I shouldn't"

Unedited....

Enjoy! 

I did something last night that I shouldn’t have.


It was late, how late I can’t be sure, but late enough where I was barely coherent heading to bed. It was one of those nights that my owning an apartment off base didn’t even seem to be worth it, so I shut down what I was doing and just headed back to my quarters. But I couldn't sleep, I really can't much anymore but I feel better when I'm not alone. So I went to Adrienne's room, and I went there to sleep...with her. 

She's a very sound sleeper, very very sound sleeper, and she will kiss my cheek goodnight and turn her back to me, but not for long. Once she's asleep, she rolls over and curls herself into me, wrapping her arm around me. She does it every single time, without fail, and I let it happen. In fact, it's why I go down there because I want it to happen. I want to be held, I want her to hold me and I want her close because when she does, then I can really sleep. She makes me feel so accepted and while she may tease me, it's never hurtful or mean and she doesn't want anything from me but my friendship which, now that we are friends, makes me feel even more cared about. To her, anyone she cares about is family, and she'll fight anyone to make that point. She actually seems to hold me a touch higher than everyone else now and will lash out or make a defensive and intelligent remark to anyone that does anything against me, even if they are kidding. I smile more with her, I enjoy being around her and I want to know what she is doing when we're not together. She's brilliant on top of all of that, and I want to listen to her theories and share with her my own because she understands like no one else has before.  

Maybe Jack's right? I keep pushing the thoughts aside but maybe he's right. Maybe I am in love with her. Is that what this feels like? I mean, I did love Shar'e and this is close in many ways but also so different. I can't explain it and I feel like an idiot trying to. So, I did it again, went and found comfort in the arms of a woman for reasons I don't understand. Is it wrong? Am I taking advantage of her? What if she knows what she is doing and one night whispers in my ear that she loves me. Do I answer? Do I love her? I can't think rationally when it comes to Adrienne anymore, if I think that she's in trouble, I panic, I fall apart, I can't think rationally. 

I'd better put this away. It's after nine, but not by much, so she'll be here soon with a cup of coffee for the both of us and a classic Adrienne excuse. And I'll try to not laugh at her, but I will, and I'll try to not sit her and daydream and wish that we were back in her room with her asleep lying so close to me. I'll just sit here and try to act like I have a clue as to what is going on with me. 


2 comments: