About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Administrative Professionals Day


Adrienne walked through the lab door, only seven minutes late,  record, to a large vase of flowers on her desk. She frowned, glancing over at Daniel's desk, which was empty, she had no idea where in the hell he was, to ask him where in the hell these things had come from when it hit her.

She blushed furiously.

Peeking over her shoulder to insure that she was alone, Adrienne yanked the card from the small plastic holder. Granted, she really didn't care for flowers, they died and she found that kinda depressing, but if that tall hot Sateadan had sent them to her...

He'd walked her back to her on base quarters last week.

Maybe?

Excited, ugh, she didn't need to worry about this kind of thing in her life but he was so handsome and flowers wouldn't hurt would they? She slipped the card from the envelop, flipping it over as she bit her lip to read the message.

Not sure how I could get along without you any more.
Now burn this before anyone else knows that I'm admitting it. 

Daniel

"Not Ronon..." she trailed, puzzled, flipping over the card. It was then she noticed more text, a ribbon tied around the vase. 

Happy Administrative Professional's Day

"Well that's sweet," Adrienne heard behind her to seen Sam entering, smiling as she approached. 

Adrienne just stood there dumbfounded. 

"He does that lately, I think he saw somewhere that when you are being a jerk flowers make up for it." 

That made Adrienne laugh. 

"He's been civil, trust me, I'd let him know otherwise," she giggled, still a little puzzled by the vase. 

"Well, I don't see him here, so can you guys take a look at this when you get a chance?" 

The Cajun nodded. 

"No problem," she replied but her answer was soft, Adrienne still puzzled by the gift. 

Daniel got her flowers. 

Granted it was for a holiday, one that honestly she had no idea existed, but he had gotten her flowers, a LOT of them nonetheless. 

You two are different Addy, there is something else going on. Trust me, I dated the man...

She went to say something to Sam, shoving Vala's stupid ideas out of her own head when she noted the general was gone the figure in the doorway none other than the man himself, flushing. 

Was he flushing?

"They didn't have orange lilies, but I thought the white ones were nice, since it's Spring and all." 

Adrienne made a face. 

"Orange?" 

"That's your favorite color right?" 

"How do you know that?" 

"Uh," he made a face right back, crossing over to his desk, "you told me."

"I did?"

"Yeah, the night you decided to psycho-analyize me," he said as he sipped his coffee, looking nervous like he had done something wrong. 

"No," she blushed herself, he had remembered, why did he remember a detail like that, " you're right; it is orange. I love orange." 

"Next time then," he answered, stammered, what in the hell was happening, "you ready for our ten a.m.?"

"Yeah," Adrienne redirected, "just let me get my bag."

Her dark eyes caught just one more glimpse, her heart beating a touch faster, the Cajun trying hard not to overanalyze a kind gesture. 



1 comment: