About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cleaning up - friendship story

I just get these little friendship moments that I think enhance the main arc.

Here's an old idea I found on my phone!

(This is before they realize they have fallen in love with each other but their friends are starting to notice things)



Adrienne figured that with the odd schedule she might as well stay on base, get some stuff done around here, maybe map out some future database research or work on her novel. She hated mid shift and for the life of her she didn't understand why, even with both she and Daniel on SG-1, in the world they and their teammates were subjected to the constant shuffling of hours. Working for the government as long as she had, she'd learned just to go with it; they were gonna do what they wanted to do anyway. 

A sigh escaped her lips, the Cajun rubbing pale hands over and equally pale face, past dark eyes, finally peering at the basket. 

She'd start with her bed. 

Ripping off the covers, Adrienne tossed the linens onto her desk, pulling away the not as fresh fabric just as her door opened. 

She didn't even need to look up. 

"Well hello there..." she called out playfully, hearing him shutting the door behind her. 

"You disappeared," Daniel accused, "I thought you were start the next section of the database."

Oops, she forgot to leave a note when he hadn't gotten back from his meeting and did just leave once she'd mapped out her to-do list. 

"Sorry, shug. I was, but I actually got a headache staring at the screen so I decided to come down here and get started on my domestic to do list. How was your meeting?" 

"Typical," he answered, "which is why I decided to walk around to cool off, see what everyone was doing, bother you..." he trailed, Adrienne feeling her cheeks flush. 

She kinda adored him, a lot. 

"I love how bother me is on your list of things to do to amuse yourself," she said over her shoulder, biting her lip, knowing her cheeks were flushing. 

Vala is NOT right Addy. 

Stop it. 

"I was just gonna check and see what you were doing..." he led again. What in the hell did he want from her, an invitation?

Damn stupid Vala and her damn stupid ideas. 

"What’s it look like I’m doing Indy?" she teased, unable not to with him, "I’m cleaning."  

With that, she went back to her work, pulling the clean purple fitted sheet from her "washed" hamper. She'd just tossed it into the air to open it, bringing it down on the surface when there he was, right at her side, curious eyes examining the bed. 

"What are these? It's not your usual." 

He knows your usual sheets Addy; Vala's right...

"They’re t-shirt sheets," she answered, blowing off the second half of the statement. 

"T-shirt sheets?" he inquired, curious, and Adrienne wasn't surprised. Guys, even less disgusting guys like Daniel usually just bought whatever sheets were on sale, that kinda matched, and took them home. 

"Oh yes..they're sheets. Made out of t-shirt material," she explained with a bright smile, "Come touch them..."

She watched him frown, making that face of his, pushing his glasses up his nose before reaching out, running his hand over the surface. 

And then his jaw dropped.

"Why did I not know these existed??"

Adrienne shrugged. 

"You're a man?" 

"And they’re cold!" he disregarded her answer, rubbing his hand over the surface. 

"I know," she was beaming, pulling the corners down before racing to finish the other side, "aren’t they great!?!"

"I am definitely crashing here tonight, definitely," he declared, falling back onto them, SG jacket and all. 

"Do you know how bad that sounds?" she couldn't resist, he was so funny right now, so...

Cute. 

He was so cute right now. 

GOD DAMMIT VALA!!

"Hush," he said, sitting up again to take off his boots, "it's not like one of us was gonna stay put all night. I think the odds of us watching a movie together on base are now officially higher than Teal'c saying indeed." 

Because we're a god damn couple....

Addy you need to get a grip. 

"Cooyon," she fussed, "get ya fool ass up. You help me make dis and den we can pick a movie." 

He stood, laughing, Adrienne rushing to get her blankets, her stomach a mess of nerves. 

1 comment: