About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Some people need taking care of too

"Hey you're up…" Adrienne peeked up from her kitchen counter to see Daniel lumbering in, hair a mess, no glasses, rubbing his face.

"Yeah just a little sore is all," he grumbled, taking a seat on her bar stools, setting his hands into his face.

"That was a bad fall you took Indy, no joke."

"Yeah, but you didn't have to bring me here. I appreciate it but I would have been fine," he said peeking up, a slight smile on his face.

He didn't mean it, she knew.

"No you didn't have to come here, but you did, so you must have wanted to come here and be taken care of. Admit it shut, you LIKE having me around."

Daniel's cheeks reddened.

"Now that you're upright, I made you some breakfast. Now, I don't have waffles but I did have a toaster strudel," she said, pointing to the toaster oven which she started when she heard him coming down the hall.

He looked up, confused.

"Adrienne goddess of health Rowan has toaster strudels?"

"Ya wanna eat smartass? Ya other option is saltines and low fat cheese spread."

"Strudel," he said, letting his head fall back onto the counter.

"Go back to bed, I'll bring it in."

"I need to get out of bed…"

"Uh huh. Look, Carolyn said that it wasn't a concussion, but you have muscle strain and bruising and need to relax and heal. I will bring you breakfast."

"In bed?" he looked up smiling again.

"Yes, and coffee too."

"You realize that it's your bed?"

"Yes, and ya bedda nah get a crumb on da sheets," she said, walking over to start the coffee.

Laughing, and flinching because he seemed to hurt, Daniel stood, walking over to the fridge, reaching for his phone.

"What are you doing shug?"

"Texting Vala," he chuckled, "to tell her that you are serving me breakfast in your bed after I slept there."

Adrienne frowned.

"I'm kidding, gonna call Jack and see what we're missing that's all. I leave the harassment of Vala to you," he said, slipping the phone to his ear.

"No need. SG-4 came back this morning, empty handed, place seems to be abandoned. I've got the MALP pics from the last two planets, nothing, I've already gone through and I stayed up after you were asleep last night to get us up to speed on the database schedule. You're dry cleaning has been picked up, it's waiting in your office and I've rescheduled your lecture with the cadets until next week. All ou need to do is march ya tchew right down that hallway, get back under those covers and wait until your breakfast is ready."

Frowning, he let the phone drop from his ear.

"Yes mother," he shot, a sly smile across his face as he did as she asked. Shaking her head, she walked back over to the coffee machine, pulling the fresh pot from it's base.

"You know you love me shug," she chuckled quietly, "you'd die without me."

"Pretty much!!"

Redness flew into her cheeks at his reply to her unintentional remark as she poured the coffee, trying to push crazy ideas out of her head.

2 comments: