About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Just can't tell you yet

It was late by the time Adrienne made it back to her room, throwing off her SG jacket and tossing it to the floor, shedding other pieces of clothing as she made her way to the bathroom. She was exhausted, Rodney had kept her far later than she liked but she didn't mind helping him out when he was being nice. It's still kept her up late, really late, without any real good company.

She brushed her teeth without bothering to turn the light on rinsing out her mouth and staring into the mirror in the darkness to see if maybe she had any zits pop up from the stress of listening to Rodney talk about himself. That's why he was in a good mood tonight, she thought, he was talking about himself. Rubbing her face and tossing her toothbrush back into the cup Dr. Adrienne Rowan stripped off the remainder of her clothes walking over to her dresser.

She didn't bother with underwear pulling on a tank top and a baggy pair of shorts from the top drawer not a concern as to whether or not they matched, walking over to her bed and pulling back the covers slipping underneath their warmth.

Wait, she thought, it's warm in here; my electric blanket is on.

How did my electric blanket get turned on?

Reaching quickly for her nightstand Adrienne clicked on the light, turning over to see that she wasn't alone.

"I swear fah gah, ya gotta be kidding me?!" she spat out, Daniel rolling over rubbing his face and looking at her.

"Hey you're back. What time is it?"

"Two in da mornin', " she tried to enunciate because her accent was about to explode, "what in da 'ell are you doin' here?!?"

Frowning, Daniel muttered,  "It's cold on my floor and I like this blanket."

Adrienne was pretty sure her jaw dropped.

"Seriously Daniel?!"

"Yeah," he said, cuddling back down into the covers, "is that a problem? I crash here all the time."

"Which is why everyone thinks that we're sleeping together!!"

"We are," he said with a chuckle, rolling back over.

Adrienne slammed him with the pillow.

"I'll leave…" he said, peeling back the blanket and sitting, Adrienne pushing him back down.

"Is the heat out? On your floor I mean?"

"Is it bad that I was just freezing and too lazy to check?"

She sighed, rubbing her face in her hands.

"You're a pain in my ass ya know that?" she asked jokingly, grabbing his arm and shaking it, "you can stay just switch, okay?"

"Oh right, the door," and he was up, doing as she asked, shivering as his feet touched the cold floor.

"Are you feeling well?" she asked as she got it, noting his quiver.

"Yeah, just cold for some reason," he answered, not lying, but he was unusually cold tonight and coming here was just what felt natural to do. She nodded, crawling over to the wall, sliding underneath the warm blanket, into the warm place he had created.

"And I've taken your spot," she teased, although she did feel slightly guilty, "sorry shug."

"It's ok, I had the blanket spread over the whole bed," he said as he shut out the light, hunkering down beside her. Smiling though he couldn't see, Adrienne turned on her side, facing the wall, her back leaning against his.

"Night Daniel."

"Night."

She closed her eyes, grateful that she could sleep a few hours later tomorrow because Daniel knew she would be working late…

"Ad?"

"Yea," she answered groggily.

"Why don't you like sleeping by the door? I mean you have to when I'm not here, but is there a reason you'd like to talk about?"

Adrienne shivered.

"No, I don't."

She felt Daniel adjust behind her, hearing his voice closer.

"I'm sorry," he must have noted her tone, "I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it was an honest question, shows you care. Don't be sorry," she whispered barely, a hand at her shoulder.

"I do, that's why I asked, but I'm sorry I brought it up."

She wanted to reply, tell him she was fine, but the memory hit her and she shook harder this time.

"Ad?"

"I'm ok Indy, go to sleep."

"No," he was moving again, "you're not."

She didn't reply because he was right; she wasn't.

"Adrienne, you're shaking…"

"No, I'm not," she argued, weakly, when she felt movement at her waist, an arm, slipping around her and pulling her close.

"Yes, you are. I'm sorry. I won't bring it up again."

"I'm not mad."

"I know."

"It's just something I don't like to talk about."

"And if you ever do, I'll listen," he whispered softly, "it's only fair after all of the whining I do."

She giggled at his joke.

"Glad you can admit you whine."

"You tell Jack I said that and I'll never sit through Monty Python again. Ever."

She laughed a second time.

"Deal."

She thought he'd move, roll back over, but he didn't, just lay there so close, holding her. This was why Vala harassed her so much, this probably wasn't normal friend behavior but then again, she'd never had a friend as close as Daniel.

"Indy?" she asked into the dark, deciding to tell him, after all, wouldn't it feel good to tell someone.

"Yea?"

But then she couldn't.

"Ad?"

"Do I get a kiss goodnight too?" she joked instead, Daniel shoving her playfully.

"Fine, see if I try to be caring with you again. I have a limit Ad, and you are dangerously close."

She laughed.

"I'm just teasing shug, but," she paused, "don't feel bad. Okay?"

"Alright, can I go back to sleep now. This side of the bed is finally warm."

"Goodnight. For real."

"Night," and he was back to back with her again, a small part of her sad he was no longer snuggled into her.

Stupid Vala, Adrienne thought, shivering again at a memory she would forever try to forget when she felt a hand at her, holding it, squeezing it and with the comfort of that gesture allowed herself to fall asleep.

1 comment: