About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A difference of opinion

Dialog that needs to exit my person so I can write Crystalline Blue Waters. 

Daniel grabbed his keys from the hook in his kitchen, Adrienne making a face from the table.

"Where are you going sha?" she asked from her computer as he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair.

"Library, want me to bring anything back?"

Adrienne made a face.

"Why are you going to the library..." she asked, confused, Daniel's expression now changing to match hers.

"To get a book...you know, front cover, back cover, pages in the middle..."

"Smartass," she said, pointing to a Daniel pile on his dining table, "I got you a Kindle for Valentine's Day."

"A holiday you don't believe in I might add..."

"Excuse me for taking one small step towards normality and adhering to the current social paradigm by buying my boyfriend a gift."

"It's a tablet," he tried instead.

"It's an electronic library," she argued.

"But I have to buy the books!"

Adrienne made a face.

"First, that shouldn't be a problem as I see your checkbook now because you abuse the privilege of having a smart woman in your life..."

"So now we discuss finances?"

"AND," she continued, "I signed you up for the borrow service so you can search for whatever you are about to burn gas for and read it right here in your underwear."

"So that's what this is about?" he laughed, "You want me to lay around reading in my underwear."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, and I can do that, when I get back, holding a REAL book in my hands," Daniel said with a smile, "In fact, I don't even need to wear the underwear..."

"Then I highly doubt any reading will get done, which means the entire trip would have been in vain," she countered.

"As would be the Kindle purchase."

Adrienne frowned.

"Why did I have to end up with a smart man?"

"You didn't have to, that was your mistake," he said with a smile.

"Bring me back some Greek yogurt. Non-fat, cherry, please."

He laughed, leaning to kiss her lips.

"Be back in an hour," he whispered, deciding not to tease her further and heading for the door.

He'd just made it to the Jeep when a thought popped into his head, an evil grin across his face. Pulling his phone from his pcket, he shot off a text, laughing at he did.

Unless YOU are planning on spending the day in your underwear, why don't you join me?
Though, if you chose the former, I won't complain. 


As expected, she was outside five minutes later. 













No comments:

Post a Comment