About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Insane AU idea, Jack & Addy


Adrienne walked into the kitchen of the cabin, opening the fridge door and staring at the contents.

"Can't sleep either Dr. Perky?" Jack asked from the sofa, startling Adrienne. She'd thought everyone was asleep, Daniel had been for at least an hour, but there was Jack, sitting by the fire, watching the embers burn away.

"I was thirsty," she didn't lie she was, but that wasn't the reason that she couldn't sleep.

"There's plenty of beer in there," he offered. She couldn't help but smile.

"I just need a glass of water, but thanks."

Sighing out, she reached up into the cabinet, taking out a glass and beginning to fill it, not sure what to do now...

"Jack?" she surprised even herself asking. He leaned back over the sofa, peering at her, that trademark Jack O'Neill look on his face.

"You ok?"

"Can I talk to you?"

Now he made a face of confusion.

"Sure..."

You can do this, she thought, walking herself and the glass over to the back of the couch.

"I slept with Daniel."

Jack didn't look surprised.

"Duh."

Adrienne shook her head.

"No, no, like," her cheeks flushed, "naked slept..."

"Wait," Jack sat up, "I thought that you two..."

Adrienne shook her head again.

"Then what have you two been doing in there and on base?"

"Sleeping, like, dictionary definition," she clarified.

"Huh, who knew?" he said more to himself than anyone, taking a swig of beer and looking back at her, "so when did this happen?"

Redness filled her pale cheeks, Adrienne looking downward.

"Do I want to go into my guest room Dr. Perky?" Jack asked, the cajun letting her head drop into her hand.

"Probably not..."

"Ok, just like advanced warning," he wasn't sure what to say, drinking more beer, "so what's the problem was he bad?"

"No," Adrienne's head darted right up, "not at all, he was..." she trailed, noting Jack's face of shock and disgust, "that's not the issue."

"Then what is?"

"Gahhhh..." and she was walking around the sofa, flopping herself right down beside him, crossing her legs yoga style and bending in a very strange fashion. The general didn't say anything for a moment, thinking, finally setting his beer over on the side table.

"Did it change how you feel about him?"

Right question, apparently, Adrienne peering up at him as she took a deep breath.

"Yeah..."

"Not sure how to break it off?"

But she shook her head in protest, rubbing her face, having some sort of miniature tantrum.

"No, I, ugh, I..." she stammered, much like Daniel Jack thought, staying quiet while she figured out what to say, "it makes me wanna head into town tomorrow, find a computer or some Wifi and research how a woman asks a man to marry her."

And down her head went, Jack unable to help but laugh.

"He's so good you wanna get hitched?"

"No!!" and she stood, eyes rolling, "dammit forget I opened my gah damn fool mouf..." she started to leave, Jack standing, reaching for her shoulder.

"Look, Addy, I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. Congrats? I mean, if you're out here talking to me about weddings then you must love him."

"I do," she said without turning around, "More than I thought possible."

"He does too you know," Jack offered, dropping his hand, "he has a shitty way of showing it but he does. Has for a while."

"I know."

The general was confused.

"So, what's the problem?"

Adrienne laughed, thankfully a laugh, "I swore I'd never fall in love, get married, all that other merde that good southern women do."

"Well now you're being insane," Jack laughed himself. Adrienne turned, her arms crossed protectively across her chest, breathing in and out.

"I know I am," she giggled, "I'm not gonna propose."

"No," he joked, "that breaks every rule of being a Southern woman."

"This is happening," she whispered seriously, "isn't it?"

"Looks like it."

"It's gonna be insane, isn't it?"

"Oh yeah," he said flashing his wedding band, "Oh yeah."

Adrienne sighed.

"I guess, well, I'm gonna go back to bed before I'm missed," she said, blushing again, "he likes to cuddle."

"Not shocked," Jack replied. She started to walk away again and he wanted to say something else, give her some advice but he wasn't sure what to say. He let her disappear down the hall, the door clicking closed before letting himself sit back down to poke the fire one final time.

"She's a sweet one Daniel," Jack muttered to himself, "you'd better not hurt her."


2 comments: