About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Daniel & Addy get together another AU

He had a problem just coming into her room when he needed to get something, but when he burst in this time the shower going.  As soon as his feet crossed the thresh hold, he hear the water shut off, a curtain being jerked back and her step out cussing at him before he could even see her face.

"Goddamnit Indy you have followed me to the bathroom again!!" she shouted, Daniel rubbing his face and pinching his nose underneath his glasses.

"I wouldn't have to do that if you actually made it anywhere on time, ever..." he stated from the doorway, closing the door behind him so no one would see turning his back as he knew she would order. There was sounds behind him, water dripping on the tiles and Cajun swearing, as feet tapped in the direction of her dresser.

"Turn around cooyon."

"I already did."

"I'm not looking at you to know that."

"And  I'm not looking at you," he shot back, damn prudish Adrienne, "are you ready to go yet ?"

"No, obviously, I need to put clothes on and make myself look presentable," she replied curtly.

"Are you ready for the presentation?"

Adrienne scoffed.

"Of course I'm ready for the presentation," she shot back, hurt in her voice, "first thing to go over with the committee the various Asgard lineage that we've found and the royal family's house. I've connected it to who visited us, well you already, so has to make more sense the roles different Asgard had in their society."

Daniel tried not to smile, laughing as he remained staring at the floor.

"After that we need to move onto the conservation project. I have a few scientists presenting there as well, plus the things that you and I have pulled from various other presentations. What I'm planning on doing is letting the scientists speak first, giving the IOA time to argue nothing and then you and I presenting the things that we all know already work with the current structure of the Unas settlement. After all, they like Radek, and he's got our back."

Again, she had a point. It was so nice to pawn this off on someone else for a change.

"And," she continued, "to top it all off we have to discuss the budget. I know it's not perfect, but 10%? I mean that's better than nothing. They can't they can expect you and I to still get things done on a budget that requires us to go out and beg on the streets of DC for pocket change."

She coughed, clearing her throat and sighing in.

"You're good; I'm dressed now."

He turned around and she was in her uniform, hair still wet but brushed out fiddling around her room for what he knew was her makeup bag.

"And that's all except for presenting our calendar of translations, which doesn't mean anything to anyone but you and I. Shug, you're just lucky that I do all this prep for you now while you and Sam get to go play around."

His rational mind said thank you, or at least he thought it did, but that was not what was controlling his as he walked right up to where she was standing beside her bed, staring off into space at some mental to do list and without thinking, grabbed her face, kissing her directly on the mouth. She froze for second and he thought that might've been a bad idea, that maybe he read things wrong between them, maybe he had thought, hell he didn't know what he was thinking, when he felt her kiss him back slowly, carefully, leaning back against her bed. He let the kiss go for a while longer, forgetting where he was, what time it was, but not who, never who, when he stopped and took a breath pulling away and gazing back down at her.

She smiled, "I take it you think I'm ready?"

"More than ready," he muttered quietly, not letting go or moving away, "it's amazing. Thank you as always."

"So is this what happens when an assistant does a good job? You get kissed by the boss?" she bit her lip, her cheeks flushing.

"No," what in the hell was he doing, "I just felt like kissing you. Sorry."

Adrienne shook her head.

"Don't be sorry," she said, reaching out to kiss him again, just as softly, her skin lightly scented from whatever she used in the shower. He wanted to get lost again, in her, but she pulled away, kissing his cheekbone softly.

"I have to get going."

"I know."

"I'll be back at four."

"I know."

"Do you wanna go out?"

"Sure," he wasn't sure what was happening but had no intention of stopping it, "Dinner?"

"That sounds great Daniel," she said, not calling him Indy.

And with a squeeze of his hand, she was gone, leaving him alone in her quarters.

"Well," he said to no one at all, "I guess Jack was right."

He laughed, shutting out the light and heading back down to the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment