About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Daniel & Addy getting together AU

Initially, he hadn't really been concerned, it wasn't as if he hadn't visited a society that seemed to rely as heavily on physical contact as much as the Tyrrians did but he was becoming increasingly worried as the bells tolled and he started to watch their alien hosts begin to pair off. Some were in groups, three, a few foursomes, and by their body language he could tell where this was going.

"Oh no," he muttered, peering down at Adrienne, who hadn't caught on.

"Oh no wha?"

"Oh no there's gonna to be ritual, a ritual in which we are gonna be expected to participate."

His assistant frowned.

"What kind of ritual Indy?" she asked,  reading his face thought not his mind.

"Dr. Jackson, Dr. Rowan," Devra, their host was there, reaching out for them, "we must pay homage to the Gods."

"What would -?" Adrienne started, Daniel shooting her a glare.

"Of course," he agreed since there was no way out of this," and we need to..."

"Find a mate of course, there are a variety of available companions that have shown an interest in you both."

Daniel felt a pinch at his back, Adrienne finally catching on.

Slow much Ad, he thought, taking a breath.

"That won't be necessary, as we will not be needing to find anyone else," he explained, a sly grin spreading across the tan face, a twinkle in the woman's blue eyes.

"Of course..." she cooed, taking his hand anyway, leading him to one of the curtained rooms around the altar. He reached behind to grab Adrienne, his fingers clasping the sleeve to her uniform, jerking her in his direction.

"My people, we practice monogamy, I'm sure you understand..."

"Daniel!!" Adrienne hissed as he shot a look over his shoulder.

"Play along..."

"As your GIRLFRIEND!?!?" she grumbled.

"YES..." he spat through gritted teeth, pulling her into his arms.

"And your assistant?" Devra didn't seem to be buying it, "she is your lover."

"Yes, she is," he nearly choked on his words, another pinch in his back. He wanted to turn around and scream at her, just play along, that they just needed to think something was going to happen, but there was that feeling again and it wasn't a pinch in protest. She was trying to tell him that she was going to heed his request, a finger slipping into his belt loop.

"I thought as much," the woman agreed with a smile, making Daniel laugh inside. You and everyone else around us, he thought, as more bells tolled, figures assembled in front of curtains, reaching out to intimately embrace their partners.

"I shall take my leave before we begin," their host said as she glided away, Daniel turned Adrienne to face him.

"If this is a public performance, we're screwed," she whispered as her boss and best friend shook his head.

"No, curtains, there must be something done before we go in there..."

"Like what?" she asked worried, another toll as Daniel caught the answer to her question, reaching out for her shoulders.

"I said play along," and his lips were pressed against hers, kissing, slowly, deliberately, her lips flavored faintly of the vitamin water she had been drinking as they explored. He thought for a moment that she would protest but she only hesitated for a slight moment before giving in, kissing him back as though she meant it, her tongue lightly toying with his. Chills soared down his spine and he pulled her closer, reaching his hand behind her neck and kiss her deeper, moving his mouth in a frenzy when the bells tolled again and she was pushing him away, leaving him breathless.

"We're supposed to go in now," she choked out, couples and groups pushing past the thin fabric into the room, Adrienne now pulling him to do the same. He followed, stepping behind the safety of the dark purple curtain, into a small candlelit room, as his companion crawled into a bed in the back, sitting up and crossing her legs yoga style.

"So how long do you think this lasts?" she asked as he shrugged, pulling the curtain closed behind him, adjusting it is such as fashion as to where they wouldn't be seen.

"I have no idea," he admitted, "we could be here for a while."

She shrugged herself, scooting over on the bed and patting the seat beside, "well, we might as will sit down," she invited. Not much else he could do, Daniel sat down, tossing his bag onto the floor.

"Sorry about that," he apologized,  "I didn't know what else to do."

"It's okay," she admitted, laughing softly, "I mean it was either you or one of those amazingly hot guys that were staring at me..."

He chuckled as she winked playfully, "You and alien men."

"Don't even get me started Indy," Adrienne's finger shot up for emphasis, as she leaned back against the stone wall, "and anyway, it wasn't so bad," she added quietly looking over at his closest friend.

"Yeah I know. Like I said rather it be someone I know that I have to pretend to have this ritual with than some strange alien women, like you say."

Adrienne shook her head,  "No you coo yon," she laughed, taking a breath, "I can't believe I'm going to say this but you're a good kisser."

 Her cheeks flushed red candlelight.

"Thanks," he muttered quietly, eyes casting downward quickly,  "you're not so bad yourself."

"And you're acting's pretty decent..."

"So's yours..."

"And you're lying our ass off right now..."

"Because your acting sucks."

"And..."

"And you weren't acting."

"Neither were you," she pointed out, the memory of his hand at her neck still so very fresh and real.

"No, I wasn't," and then he was quiet for a moment, eyes back to the floor.

"It's ok, just making sure I hadn't totally lost my ability to read male social cues," she added quickly, looking away herself.

"It's probably a bad idea..."

"Probably."

"I'm really not that kind of person, please know that, people on base that say otherwise don't know me," he defended as he peered back up at the slightly smiling Cajun face staring at him.

"I know you're not, I just like to give you a hard time," she answered with a shrug.

"And I'm not saying that we..."

"Oh no, me neither, not my style..."

"But, I'd like to, well, you know, without an audience..."

"That would be nice..."

He kissed her again, before either of them could say anything else stupid, taking her face in his hand...


1 comment: