About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Daniel & Addy dialog: Don't tell

There was a knock at the door, making Adrienne look up from her book.

"Come in," she shouted, she knew who it was this time of the night. There were some buttons and a click, the door opening and Daniel stepping through.

"Hey..."

She smiled, hoping to make this less awkward even though her heart was already hurting.

"Can't sleep?"

"No..."

"Lose the shoes," she said without hesitation, tossing aside the book and pulling back the blankets.

"Ad, I just..."

"Wanted to talk, I know," she tried to make this easier on him even if it was going to kill her, "but it's nearly one and I wanted to sleep."

"I'll go."

She shook her head.

"Get in."

"This was stupid, I'll - "

"Get in," she repeated, "just no shoes."

She watched for a second as he smiled softly, toeing off his boots while she reached for the light. Fingers reached the switch before Adrienne looked back up at him, her heart breaking.

"I have some sweats in the top drawer if you wanna change, they're too big, bought them that way on purpose."

There seemed to be a tinge of red in his cheeks as he did what she was suggesting, rummaging through her top drawer to grab that gray pair of pants that she never wore anymore, taking them to the bathroom.

He was out in a flash, tossing his BDU pants over her desk chair before climbing into the bed with her. Without a word, he rolled over, turning his back on her, his best friend, shutting out the light for her.

"You ok Indy?"

"Yeah."

"Nightmares?"

"Yeah."

"Kasuf?" she ventured once more, knowing the answer before it crosses his handsome lips.

"Yeah."

Swallowing hard, Adrienne reaching forward, wrapping her arm around his waist and holding him close.

"Go to sleep Daniel," she whispered as she felt his fingers intertwine with hers.

1 comment: