About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting there - part 1

One of the things in the Surprise Package storyline that bothered me was how Addy went from "I can never be with a man again" to she and Daniel being quite active. So, I decided to go back in and fill in a bit...

It had been the hotel and the close call that made her realize. 

She could do this. 

It was gonna take time, he was going to have to be patient with her but she wanted to try. 

Adrienne Rowan wanted to make love to Daniel Jackson, she just had to get the nerve to do it. 

He had been discharged yesterday, Adrienne driving him home and no one questioning. Their friends might not know that they were, together, well in name at least, but they knew they were very close and it was almost assumed that she would be the one to take him to his apartment. 

“I’ve got it,” he pushed her away, intent on walking himself, but there was pain at his side still. She stepped back just long enough for him to grimace, reaching out for her again. 

“Or not...” 

“That’s my job Indy, that’s what you do when you love someone. You help them,” she said with a smile, Daniel taking her arm and wrapping it around himself. 

“Does that also mean I can get a foot rub?” he teased, winking, as Adrienne reached into his pocket for the keys shaking her head. 

“If I must...” 

“Nah, I’m really ticklish,” he answered, letting her guide him from the car to the elevator door, “which I probably shouldn’t have told you.” 

“Probably not,” she said, pressing the button for his floor to reach out and hold him again. 

“Can you stay tonight?” his question was somewhat sheepish making her smile and reach out running her fingers through his hair. 

“Of course I can, as long as I get to cuddle up to you,” she answered, leaning in to kiss his head. 

“I was hoping, that’s why I asked.” 
The door opened before she could reply, falling right into caretaker mode, guiding him to the door, opening the lock and leading him straight to the bedroom. He flopped down on the bed, not even bothering to change, his hand at his head. 

“You ok Indy?” 

“Just tired, my body doesn’t do well with pain meds, they knock me out,” he answered, reaching to unbutton his jeans and pull them to his ankles, pausing and looking over. 

“This ok?” 

“Yeah,” she answered, glad she was in yoga pants herself, “thanks for asking.” 

Nodding, he pulled the pants off, throwing them in the hamper in the corner, peeling off his socks to follow. He moved slowly, clearly annoyed by his lack of mobility, finally slipping under the covers as Adrienne pulled her bra through her sleeve. 

“Come here,” he requested, playfully pouting, reaching out his arms for her. She couldn’t help but smile, crawling into his bed, stopping short of laying on his chest. 

“No?” he asked but she just touched his bandage lightly with her finger, shaking her head. 

“You’re still hurt, I don’t wanna make it worse,” she whispered, honestly, but he just smiled, extending his arms for her again. 

“Holding you makes it better, always,” he answered so sweetly Adrienne couldn’t help but comply, curling against his body. 

“You scared me,” she muttered. 

“I’m sorry.” 

“It’s not your fault,” she said quietly, “I knew what I was getting in to.” 

“A mess,” he laughed, Adrienne giggling as well. 

“Something like that,” she uttered, pecking his chest softly, “I wanna try.” 

To have the words cross her lips, she was shocked, scared, her heart beating so loudly that she was certain he could feel it. 

“Try what?” 

Of course he couldn’t read her mind; for all of the times that he could, he couldn’t now...

“Try to be, physical,” she choked out the last word, “I don’t know if I can, but I wanna try...” 

“Adrienne,” he was sitting up looking down at her, “we’ve talked about this and I understand...” 

“No,” she said, swallowing and taking a breath, “You don’t. That was taken from me, without my permission and I want to take it back.” 

Daniel breathed in, Adrienne making a face in embarrassment. Dear God, she thought, I am asking Daniel for sex, what in the hell is wrong with me?

“Ok,” he said, taking her hand, “as long as this is for you and not me, ok.” 

Swallowing again, Adrienne leaned forward, placing her hand on his cheek, kissing him so slowly, tasting the coffee he had been drinking on the way over. She felt him shift, not pulling away, just leading her to lay on him, running his fingers through her hair. Careful of his wound, she let him, positioning her torso over his as she let him slip his tongue into her mouth. That feeling hit her, and she realized that she wanted him, badly, her hand starting to guide itself down his side, lower where she wanted to explore, where she wanted to touch, her hand brushing the hardness ever so lightly as he kissed her deeply, his hands all over her back when she froze. 

“I can’t.” 

“It’s ok,” and he was removing his lips from hers, moving her to hold her the best he could in his arms, “are you glad you tried?” 

She nodded into his chest. 

“I’m sorry,” she felt bad, felt like she was leading him on but he shook his head. 

“Never apologize for that Ad, never,” he said kissing her forehead, “let’s put on some True Blood.” 

Hoping he didn’t see the tears in her eyes, she reached for the remote from his nightstand, passing it to him and cuddling back down against his chest, trying to talk reason into her pounding heart. 














3 comments: