About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Daniel & Addy ficlet - road trip

Damn you Karen, because now I am writing these down.

"Get up Ad, we have to leave."

Daniel watched as Adrienne pulled the blanket over her head, curling into a ball. He should have sent Vala, Cam, Teal'c anyone because in his time working with his assistant now best friend he should have learned that waking her up before she wanted to be up as a non-option.

"No."

"Ad, come on. You can sleep in the van."

"No, we have beaming technology, why are we doing this again?"

She had a point, and beaming from the ships didn't drain what was left of their pitiful ZPMs but nonetheless the IOA just didn't allow it for pleasure trips and barely allowed it for important things like Area 51 visits.

"Cuz dey be a bunch ah gawd damn tchews," he answered in the best Cajun accent he could, laughter emanating from under the blanket before it was pulled back.

"I'm only getting up because you swore in Cajun. Only. And I reserve the right to throw this up in your face at any needed point in the future," the pale face teased from the bed.

"I brought you coffee," he said, handing it over, knowing she didn't need to shower. She showered at night usually he knew, which was a sad fact that he knew that, but he shrugged it off passing the thermal mug over.

"Hazelnut creamer?"

"Yep."

"Fat free?"

"Yep."

"Organic sugar substitute?"

"Is there any other?" he joked as she finally took it, sipping, no gulping it down, handing him back over a considerably lighter cup.

"I'm gonna marry you someday if you don't watch it," she said with a smile, crawling back under the covers.

"Ad...."

"I'm up," and suddenly she was, having slept, it seemed, in yoga pants and a sport bra, pulling a tank top over her head, a small blanket under her arm.

"Can you get my suitcase? It takes me a few paces to walk straight."

Daniel shook his head.

"The things I do for you..."

*****

Because of course Daniel and that little girl of his had to crawl into the back together...

Jack adjusted the mirror, glancing at his friends, all of which seemed ready to hit the road and go, all except for that damn little perky archaeologist, who was laying down in the back across Daniel.

"What and the hell is it with him and women??" Jack moaned, Sam peeking back to see what her husband was fussing about.

"Addy?"

"Yes Addy."

"She's not a morning person."

Jack grumbled, rolling his eyes and peering back in the mirror.

"Daniel, let's keep that back seat making out to a minimum ok?"

Frowning Daniel pointed down at Adrienne, who with a turn of the mirror Jack could see, was covered in a small blanket, a pillow in Daniel's lap.

"She already asleep," he replied as he shook his head and relaxed.

"Whatever," Jack grumbled a bit longer, pushing the gear stick into reverse.

2 comments: