About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Getting there - part 2

 He was standing at his bookshelf, scanning, he knew he had left it somewhere when he heard his door open making him peer over his shoulder. 

"I thought you had to work with Rodney tonight," he noted as Adrienne tossed her backpack onto the chair, powering straight for him. 

"Yep, I did," and she was at him, reaching for his hips. Frowning, Daniel disregarded the books, turning to grab her shoulders and make sure she was ok. 

"Not so good?" he asked, Adrienne's fingers at his waistband. 

"Nope, it was great actually," and she had undone the top button, her fingers at his zipper. 

What was she doing??

“Ad? I...”

“Less talk, more kissing, I’m getting over this...NOW.” 

He didn’t need to be told twice, if she was ready, finally ready, he wasn’t about to stop her. Lips pressed against hers, he kissed her feverishly because he wanted the same, he wanted to whisk her away to his bed and make love to her so badly. Their tongues danced and he sucked in air as she reached into the front of his jeans, squeezing the swell that was growing there. 

“Oh god...” he breathed out, it had been so long and couldn’t keep kissing her the way she was touching him. She was curious and experienced all at once, exploring tenderly as she giggled at his lips. 

“I’m not flinching...” 

“I see that...”

“Bedroom?” she asked, Daniel nodding quickly. 

“Please...” 

Smiling, she pulled her hand from where he didn’t want it to escape, skimming her fingers to his belt loop to lead him along, his heart pounding in his chest. This is happening, he thought, this is really happening, following, wanting nothing more than to hold her in his arms. She was there, they were there, so quickly, kissing, hands wandering, Daniel laying her back gently, his lips at her neck, Adrienne hissing in as she pushed his jeans down from his waist. 

“Are you sure?” he asked as he reached her shirt, reaching for the hem to pull it from her head. 

“Yeah,” and the look in her eyes seemed to support her words. Kissing her forehead lightly, Daniel pushed himself up, his left hand reaching for his nightstand drawer. 

“What are you doing?” she asked, propping herself on her elbows. Raising his eyebrows, he bit his lip, flashing a small packet at her. 

“We’re gonna need this and I’m not gonna wanna waste time searching for it,” he said, setting the condom on the nightstand as he reached to pull off his shirt. He was smiling as he tossed it aside, looking back down at her to see that she just...wasn’t...

“Ad,” he asked, sitting back on his knees, “you ok?” 

“Yeah,” she lied, he would read her like a book, and she didn’t even need to draw her knees to her chest like she was starting to do. 

“What did I do?” he asked worried, watching her eyes dart around, looking at everything but him.

Sighing, she reached over on the nightstand, taking the item into her fingers. 

“Made it real,” she admitted slowly, “I can’t. The moment you...” she started to stammer, “I’ll freak out, I know it, I’ll just freak out.”  

And then she started to cry. 

Kicking the rest of his jeans to the floor, Daniel hopped up from the bed, walking around and crawling behind her, pulling her into his arms. 

“Stop, Ad, just stop, it’s ok...” 

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I told you that I couldn’t be what you wanted, I just...” 

He held her, kissing her head, rocking her gently. 

“You’re exactly what I want, everything I ever wanted.” 

“But you have...” 

Daniel shook his head, holding her impossibly closer. 

“To be safe because I didn’t think we were ready to be parents yet, do you?” 

Adrienne shook her head. 

“But you aren’t ready,” he kissed her again, nuzzling her ear, “and that’s fine. Goes back in the drawer.” 

She bit her lip, leaning back into him. 

“I love you Daniel, I’m sorry,” she was trembling in his arms, “I just don’t know if I’ll ever...” 

“Stop,” he whispered softly, “so you had a good evening?” 

Adrienne nodded. 

“What do you want for dinner?” 

“I don’t care,” she muttered, Daniel reaching back for the nightstand. Dark ebony eyes watching him, he tossed the packet back into the drawer, closing it and grabbing his phone, bringing the gadget to his ear. 

“Hi, I’d like to place an order for delivery,” he requested, not letting go of her for a moment, because regardless of anything that had just happened, right now, right at this second, he had all that he wanted. 


1 comment: