About this page

I am a late comer on this ship, I know. I pretty much was turned onto Stargate when I was injured (for my own stupidity I assure you) and I took to the Netflix to find something to occupy myself. I discovered that one of my favorite movies of all time had been made into a TV show, so I started to watch. And fell in love. With Daniel Jackson. Madly. Not just Michael Shanks (although I am fairly certain that he is a Grecian God - oh dear lord....) but the character himself. Then came seasons 9 and 10 and I was just upset by the whole thing. I love Claudia Black and the scenes were fun, but really? Her? That is what they decided he would end up with? Ugh. I mean really, what would they talk about, ever? So, I made him someone. This is your warning. This is sorta a Mary Sue. Sorta because a Mary Sue is Ms. Perfect and while Adrienne seems perfect at first she is NOT. By a stretch. She needs someone like him as bad as he needed someone like her. This is their love story.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Daniel & Adrienne #36A - Limits Epilogue


Limits

An Epilogue


When Daniel awoke he realized that it wasn’t a dream, Adrienne’s arm was draped over his waist, holding him tightly, not accidentally like so many times before, but holding him, close, like she wanted to be close to him. They weren’t under the blanket, but Daniel was still hot, realizing that he was laying there in most of his SG uniform as was she. As slow as he could, he inched his way out of the bed, laying her arm gently in his empty place, standing at the side of the bed. Quickly, he pulled his shirt over his head and reached down for his belt, quickly undoing his pants and shucking them to the floor. He sat on the bed and pulled his socks off of the end of his feet, reaching down to grab his pile of clothes to toss them in the hamper. 

He turned to the bed once more, his assistant, his love, laying there sleeping peacefully, her pale cheeks still visibly red in the dim light from under the door. She looked so beautiful lying there, so perfect and as much as he hated to disturb her she seemed to be just as hot as he was, a thin bead of sweat resting on her temple. Kneeling gently on the bed, he crawled over to her, shaking her shoulder. 

“Ad, Adrienne, hey, wake-up,” he whispered quietly, hoping not to disturb her. Swatting him away, she rolled over, ignoring him and curling up into a ball on her side. 

“Ad, wake up,” he tried again, more cautiously, thinking that at this angle he might be taking a fist in the face. 

“Leave me alone Indy,” she growled back at him. Indy, that’s more like it, he thought.

“Ad, you can go right back to sleep, it’s,” he paused and glanced at the clock on his nightstand, “three in the morning. You’re sweating, it’s hot in here, you need to get out of your uniform and you can go right back to sleep. I’ll get you a t-shirt.” Finally Adrienne rolled over, and looked right at him, her eyes growing wide. 

“Daniel what are you doing!??!” she shouted, scooting back on the bed and over to the concrete wall. Confused, he shrugged, his own look of panic on his face. 

“Going to bed, it’s got to be eighty degrees in here and we can’t call maintenance in the middle of the night, what?” he asked, standing there, trying to figure out why she was freaking out right in front of him. She breathed in and out a few more times before composing herself, shaking her head and looking at him. 

“I’m sorry, you’re just, well, you’re in your underwear and I thought that you,” she started to stammer and stop, but she didn’t need to finished, Daniel was already shaking her head. 

“Oh no Adrienne,” Daniel stated to explain, “No, not like that, I’m sorry, I was just hot and I just thought that we were, that it wouldn’t, no Ad, no, I wasn’t thinking anything like that, I’m so sorry, here,” he cut himself off as he ran back over to the dresser, opening the drawer to grab one of his shirts, rushing it back over to her. 

“Here, you can sleep in this and I’ll get some appropriate pajamas, I’m sorry, I,” he kept apologizing when he saw her move forward, and felt a grab at his wrist, pulling him back down onto the bed. He tripped over his own feet, falling onto the mattress clumsily, falling partially onto Adrienne, who thankfully, was laughing. 

“Stop, I was just half asleep, it’s alright. I really shouldn’t have thought you would, well, be like that,” she said, and he could here unzipping behind him. She must be taking off her uniform, he thought, sitting up to give her room. 

“Ok, I just didn’t want you to think I was trying anything, because I wasn’t, I wouldn’t, I mean, not unless you said it was alright, but not here, I mean here is fine, but after everything...I think I’m going to shut up now,” Daniel finally concluded, hearing her giggling lightly again. 

“Are you sure, because I was starting to wonder if there was anything else you could possibly foul up or apologize for in the next five minutes,” she joked, pulling her pants to the floor and throwing them across the room, taking the t-shirt from where he was sitting beside her. Not want to stare, he turned around quickly, allowing her privacy. She must have seen him turn, because she started laughing again. 

“You know you’ve seen me in a towel and in my underwear before,” she stated, switching her clothes quickly. 

“I wasn’t in love with you then,” he replied quickly, trying to stress his point, that he loved her and wasn’t trying to seduce her. 

“Touché,” she answered, finishing her task, “I’m good now.” Turning back to face her, he looked at her sitting there in his bed, his black t-shirt huge on her body. He started to reach forward and pull her into his arms when he stopped, retracting his hands. 

“May I?” he asked, treading lightly in new territory. 

“Of course,” she smiled, drawing herself closer to him, into his arms and resting her head on his chest. Adjusting to get comfortable, he let his arm drape around her, running his fingers lovingly up and down her back. 

“It’ll take me a while,” she admitted, quietly in the darkness what Daniel in his heart already knew. 

“That’s fine,” he replied, thinking it would wait an eternity if he had to. It had taken him his entire life to this point to find the woman of his dreams, he wasn’t about to lose her over this, something they could work through together. After all, her wounds were fresher than his, and in some ways, vastly more horrible. 

“I don’t just mean sex. I want to make love to you, I do, but I mean everything. Telling you that I love you is one thing, but being with you, risking my job, risking my heart, being physical, Daniel, I’m just not -” she started to ramble herself when she felt lips pressed against her own, his lips, kissing her quiet. He pecked her softly and pulled away, leading her back onto his chest. 

“Remember what you told me, about not going anywhere. Me neither. I’m not going anywhere,” he whispered, and kissed her head, laying his own back on the pillow to go to sleep. 

1 comment: